A PROFESSIONALLY LICENSED LAND SURVEYING FIRM SERVICING ALL 100 COUNTIES OF NORTH CAROLINA.
Land Surveying is the technique and science of accurately determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional space position of points and the distances and angles between them. These points are usually, but not exclusively, associated with positions on the surface of the Earth, and are often used to establish land maps and boundaries for ownership or governmental purposes.*
3D Laser Scanning Services
Origin Land Surveying and Mapping, Inc. has been performing 3D laser scanning and spatial imaging services since 2007. All of our scanning services as well as our data reduction is performed by a licensed Professional Land Surveyor (PLS).
If your project requires millions of data points, is not easily accessible, or has a lot of design complexity, 3D Laser Scanning is what you may need – and we can provide that for you.
Commercial Land Surveying Services
- Route Surveying
- Physical Surveys
- New Construction Stakeout
- Wall and Device Stakeout during Construction Up Fits
- Engineering Design Surveys
- Cemetery Layout and Garden Monumentation
- ALTA/ACSM Surveys
- Vineyard Layout and Mapping
- Tree Surveying
- Earth Quantity and Volume Analysis.Learn More
Construction Layout Services
Origin Land Surveying provides the experience necessary to perform surveying, staking and asbuilt locations for record-drawing completion. This includes all calculations required for the satisfactory completion of the project with the plans and specifications in conformance with North Carolina General Statutes for land surveying. All office and field work is performed by a NCPLS (North Carolina Professional Land Surveyor).
Environmental Land Surveying Services
- BMP Design Surveying and Stakeout
- Army Corp. of Engineers Wetlands and Waters of the US Mapping
- FEMA Flood Plain Mapping
- FEMA Elevation Certificates
- Brownsfield Mapping
- Monitoring Well Mapping
- Solid Waste Landfill Surveying
GPS/GIS Control & Site Evaluation Services
- Utility Mapping
- 3D Laser Scanning
- Site Evaluations
- Aerial Photography Control
- River and Stream Location Analysis
- Static GPS Observation
- VRS Global Positioning System Surveys
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) for underground utility, vault locations, UST, and other underground site analysis
- Site Control for GPS Machine Control Systems
GPR/ Ground Penetrating Radar Services
Industrial Land Surveying Services
- Pump Station and Effluent Staking
- Waste Water Treatment Plant Design Surveys
- Elevation and Location Monitoring
- Safety Compliance
- Forensic Mapping
- 3D Scanning of Stockpiles and Borrow Pits
- Right-of-way Location and Verification
- Bock and Clark Surveying
- State Correctional Facility Design Surveying
- Bridge Inspection
- Commercial and Private Airport Surveying Services
Who we do it for.
What we’ve been working on.
All services were performed by David J. Skiba, Jr., PLS, being in responsible charge or fieldwork performed by.
What are they saying?
- …I have worked with Origin for many years and plan to do so for many more. Field experience and working knowledge speaks volumes in the construction industry and David has a lot of both, which in turn supplements our site work capabilities and allows us to execute our responsibilities to our customers…
- Origin Land Surveying is our first call when we have any surveying needs. David and his staff are excellent to work with and have always responded to any challenge we have presented to him. Origin is the only surveyor with the capabilities to perform the services we need. These services can range from mapping river bottoms for raw water intakes, to 3D scanning of complex water treatment facilities to time sensitive topography surveys for critical infrastructure projects . David is always welcome to the challenge and will be a continued consultant to Pease Engineering & Architecture for years to come.
- We have utilized Origin Land Surveying on many of our projects and are always impressed with their professionalism and high quality of land surveying. David Skiba is very experienced with water line and sanitary sewer line location surveys. We would definitely use Origin again on future projects.
- We consistently use David and his crews on our boundary and easement litigation files. The level of service and work product is always outstanding. Any questions are answered promptly and they are happy to provide custom sizes of surveys as needed for filing with court. Origin is always the first place we call.
- We greatly appreciate your integrity, conscientiousness, your pleasant demeanor and all your extra efforts to get the demarcation of our property accurate, so we could get the garage built. You were a blessing to us.
- We just wanted to take a moment to let you know what a pleasure it was to work with you and your staff on our recent survey project. You and your employees set the standard for professionalism, customer service and expertise in your field. Every step of the process with your company was a positive experience. It was really refreshing to work with a company that did what they said, when they said they would do it. We have and will continue to refer potential clients to your company. Again, thank you so much for all your assistance…
- Always, thank you so much for your help. You are always very helpful and I greatly appreciate it…. You have been such a delight to work with on both my little projects. You always keep me posted and answer me back promptly when I call. It’s the obvious reason I used you a second time!!!! I’m sure we’ll be using you a third for our own home in the near future!!
- ..it was certainly nice meeting you and I really appreciate you going out of your way to come to my office. I will certainly pass the word about your company and the excellent service I received.